Recipe by Local Roots recipe contributor, Emily Hanhan, @nomnivorous
2-4 Heads Gem Lettuce, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1. In a cast iron skillet, add the sesame oil and turn the heat on to medium high.
2. While the pan is preheating, stir together the rice vinegar, soy sauce and fish sauce in am small bowl.
3. Add the lettuce in a single layer to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes without moving.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, add about half of the dressing and stir the lettuce together to incorporate the dressing.
5. Serve immediately, serving the remaining dressing on the tabe as a dipping sauce.
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
Delicious, farm-fresh harvests are closer than you think.