Chickpea & Scallion Pancakes with Sumac Root Veg
Recipe by Local Roots member @clairematern
- Chickpea flour
- Purple carrots
- Mixed winter radishes
- Sumacin' Me Crazy spice mix
- To make the pancake batter, combine 1:1 parts chickpea flour and water (½ cup each makes 3 small pancakes ~1 serving) and allow it to sit for ½ hour.
- While the batter is resting slice the purple carrots and radishes, put them in a small skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Season generously with salt, pepper, and sumac and pop in a 350F oven until tender and browning on the edges.
- After allowing your batter to rest, thinly slice a couple scallions and add to the batter. Stir in about ½ teaspoon each of turmeric and ground ginger. Add a small splash of olive oil into the batter and stir well until the olive, spices, and scallions are well combined.
- Heat a pan over a medium flame and add a glug of olive oil. Pour the batter in and allow to cook until you see the edges turn opaque and bubbles form around the surface. Flip and allow to cook a couple more minutes on the other side.
- Serve with the sumac veggies and a dollop of yogurt (optional) or chopped herbs (optional).