Curried Sweet Potato and Celeriac Soup
Recipe by Local Roots member @clairematern
- Sweet potato
- Curry powder
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and get them started in a glug of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed large pot. Add about ½ teaspoon each of: turmeric & ginger (or about ½ inch grated of fresh) and about a tablespoon of curry powder. Later you can taste and adjust the seasoning. Allow the aromatics to cook over a low/medium heat for about 5 minutes while you cube the sweet potatoes and celeriac.
- Roughly cubes the sweet potatoes and celeriac and add to the pot, stirring well to combine the spices, aromatic, and heroes of the soup
- Add stock, pouring it until it just covers all the veggies. Bring up to a boil and then reduce the heat to a low/medium so there are small bubbles. Allow everything to cook like this until the sweet potatoes and celeriac are fork tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and then blend (with immersion blender if you have, or in 2-3 shifts in a traditional blender.)
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt (optional) and chopped cilantro (optional).