Eggs & Greens Tartine (Open Faced Sandwich)
Recipe by Local Roots Recipe Contributor, Abby K. Cannon, @abbysfoodcourt
- 2 handfuls of greens (kale, spinach, collard greens, Swiss chard, dandelion greens)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 piece of whole wheat sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Avocado oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and scramble, leaving the eggs to cook on one side of the pan!
- When the eggs are about half way done, tear up the greens and add them to the other half of the pan to cook. Cook until the greens start to wilt and then mix together the eggs and greens until combined and cooked to your desired texture (less time for slightly runny eggs, more time for well-done eggs).
- Toast the sourdough bread.
- Finally, sprinkle on the nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Place the eggs and greens onto the sourdough toast and enjoy!