Using Auria Abraham's ever-famous Lime Leaf Sambal, this recipe comes together in no time! It's veg-forward, and served alongside some rice, makes for a health-conscious, fulfilling dinner great for weeknights. Lion's mane mushrooms have oft been praised for being similar in texture to crab meat, and in this dish, these shrooms are the shining ingredient. Check out the add-on on our website for a two pack of Auria's sambals, and be sure to take a crack at this simple recipe once the sambal is on hand!
⅓ cup coconut oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
½ large yellow onion, sliced
1 ½ cups coconut milk
3 heaping Tbsp. Lime Leaf Sambal
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
One bunch Local Roots spinach, torn or cut into large pieces
5 large Local Roots lion's mane mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
1. Heat oil in a pot or large wok over medium heat.
2. Sauté the onions for 30 seconds then add the garlic.
3. Cook for a minute, stirring frequently to make sure the onions don't brown.
4. Add Lime Leaf Sambal. Stir to combine.
5. Add coconut milk. Let this come to a gentle boil.
6. Add the lion's mane mushrooms. Stir well, let simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the spinach. Give this a few quick turns in the pot, and it's done. Serve over rice.
Recipe by Local Roots Volunteer Auria Abraham, Photos by Local Roots Volunteer Jess Santoro (@jess_santoro)
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
Delicious, farm-fresh harvests are closer than you think.