Loaded Fingerling Potatoes
Recipe by Local Roots recipe contributor, Emily Hanhan, @nomnivorous
2.25 pounds fingerling potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon smoked salt (or kosher salt)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or a mix of your favorite melty cheeses)
1 cup sour cream
3 scallions, thinly sliced
Additional optional garnishes:
Tomato jam or salsa
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash your potatoes and cut any of the larger fingerling potatoes in half. “Normal sized” and small fingerling potatoes can stay whole.
- Combine the butter, potatoes and smoked salt in a 9” x 13” casserole dish. Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
- While the potatoes are roasting, combine ⅓ cup of the sour cream with ½ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove the pan from the oven and dollop on the sour cream & cheese mixture all over the potatoes. Sprinkle on another cup of the cheddar cheese on top. Put back in the oven and bake for another minute or two, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the last ½ cup of cheddar cheese. Dollop on the remaining ⅔ cup of sour cream, sprinkle the scallions all over and add on any additional toppings. Serve immediately.