Maple Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches
Recipe by Jenn de la Vega, @Randwiches
An easy breakfast sandwich that can be scaled up or down depending on how much you need. If you don't have any pimento cheese, a few slices of any cheese you have will melt on the eggs as you wait for them to finish cooking.
4 Lancaster Farm Fresh maple sausages
2 eggs, beaten
4 slices of bread, toasted
2 tablespoons pimento cheese
1 tablespoon of butter
- Saute the maple sausages in a pan on medium heat for 5 minutes, tossing to evenly brown the sides.
- Slice the sausages lengthwise, leaving a hinge. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan and scrape up any bits of sausage that may have stuck to it.
- Turn up the heat to high.
- Pour the egg into the pan and swirl it around. Turn off the heat and let the egg cook thoroughly until there is no runniness.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread pimento cheese on one side of bread. Layer half the scrambled egg and two flattened sausages, top with another piece of bread.
- Repeat for the rest of the ingredients.