Mini Quinoa Mushroom Burger with Cilantro Yogurt on Sweet Potato Latkes
Sweet Potato Latke Ingredients:
1 lb (2 big or 3 small) sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
Medium sized fennel bulb, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
⅓ cup gluten-free flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten (or 2 flax eggs)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup avocado oil
2 tsp cumin
Sweet Potato Latke Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to combine.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Drop one large tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture onto lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly to 3 inch diameter.
- Bake 18 minutes, then check to see if the bottom is golden, if so, then flip and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Continue to cook on either side if needed to achieve a golden brown pancake.
- After tasting, sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Top with another latke to make a sandwich.
Mini Quinoa Mushroom Burger Ingredients:
16 oz. beech mushrooms, chopped
1 zucchini, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for frying
2 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup dry)
plenty of salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Mini Quinoa and Mushroom Burger Preparation:
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Saute mushrooms and zucchini in 1 tablespoon olive oil with a generous pinch of salt over medium-high heat. Stir only once in the beginning, and allow liquid from vegetables to evaporate. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Mix cooked quinoa, vegetables, and remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Form 6-8 patties with the mixture and fry over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Move patties to parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cilantro Yogurt Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Cilantro Yogurt Preparation:
- Grind the peppercorns and cumin with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until evenly distributed
Mini Quinoa Mushroom Burger and Sweet Potato Latke Assembly:
- Use one latke for the base
- Scoop 1 tbsp worth of the cilantro yogurt on top of the lakte
- Place a mini quinoa mushroom burger on top of the sauce
- Garnish with arugula or basil