Oven Baked Tater Tots
Oven-baked Tater Tots made with Purple Fingerling Potatoes
2 lbs purple fingerling potatoes
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp salt
¼ cup dairy-free mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
1 tsbp olive oil, more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat and brush it lightly with olive oil.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large pot, cover with 1 inch of cold water, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, parboil for 6 to 7 minutes until they give when poked with a fork, but are still slightly firm.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot, drain well and allow them to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- Using a box grater, grate the potatoes.
- Place the grated potatoes in a mixing bowl and mix in the garlic powder, onion powder, arrowroot powder, salt and dairy-free cheese (if using).
- Form the potato dough into small cylinders, squeezing it together with your hands. Make the tots small enough to have 20-ish tater tots on one sheet.
- Lightly brush olive oil and place the tater tots in the oven to bake, 20 minutes on each side or until both sides are light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
- Garnish with local, fresh chives and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (optional).