Potato Shishito Fritters
Recipe Created by @virtual_vegan
2 Peter Wilcox Potatoes
½ Medium White Onion
One Scallion Bunch
3 Shishito Peppers
1 Clove Minced Garlic
2 Tbs Ground Flax Seeds
5 Tbs Water
2 Tbs Coconut Oil
Salt and Pepper To Taste
½ Cup Raw Cashews
1/3 Cup Water
½ Lemon (Juiced)
Greens from Scallions
Pinch of Ground Pepper
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Peel the potatoes and then finely grade them and place into a mixing bowl.
- Mince the onion and garlic then add it into the potatoes.
- Mix together the 2 tbs of flax seeds with 5 tbs of water and let it sit.
- Mince the shishito peppers and the white part of the scallion and add it into the mixture as well. Save the green part of the scallion as you will need it for the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste the mix the combination until fully incorporated, then squeeze out any excess liquid then set aside.
- In a high speed blender, add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, water, scallion greens and pepper and blend until smooth and creamy then put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan and test the temperature by dropping a piece of potato in it to make sure it is hot enough to begin. It should be between medium and high.
- Form 1-2 inch patties with the potato mixture and then carefully place into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes per side but it varies with each oven so check periodically until it is as crispy as you desire.
- Once all the fritters are pan fried, place them on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Serve the fritters with the cashew cream sauce on the side and garnish with scallions or any other herb you desire.