Ramp Pesto Pasta
Recipe by Local Roots Recipe Contributor, Abby K. Cannon, @abbysfoodcourt
- 1 box of pasta (brown rice, chickpea, lentil pasta)
- 10 ramps
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 bunch of basil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp miso
- ¼ nutritional yeast
- 3 cups spinach
- 5 cups peas
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for about 7-9 minutes until al dente (tender but firm) and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, toast the walnuts in a saucepan over medium/low heat until fragrant. Stir them every few moments and do not leave them! (If you leave them, you will forget about them and you will burn them J ).
- Add the ramps (use all of the ramps, leaves included!), toasted walnuts, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, miso, nutritional yeast, 1 cup of spinach, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Process or blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning (add extra salt, pepper, and basil if needed).
- Stir the ramp pesto through the pasta. Then, mix in the remaining 2 cups of spinach (the spinach will naturally wilt from the heat of the pasta) and the peas. Sprinkle with some extra freshly ground pepper!
- Take a deep breath and enjoy!