The moment we have been waiting for all year is finally here...ramps are season! There are so many things you can do with these wonderful, wild foraged onions. Here is one of my favorite ways to use them for a quick meal!
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
Slice of country bread
Squeeze of lemon
1/4 tsp of lemon zest
Radish, thinly sliced
Olive oil or butter
1. In a skillet, saute ramps with a little bit of olive oil or butter until tender.
2. Remove ramps from heat and chop up into small pieces.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together ramps, ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In the same skillet you cooked the ramps, toast a slice of bread until golden brown.
5. Top toast with ramp & ricotta mixture, sliced radish, a little bit of olive oil and course sea salt like Maldon. Enjoy!