By Chef Yadira Garcia, Happy Healthy Latina
1 teaspoon canola oil for greasing pan
12 ounces rhubarb, medium dice (3 cups)
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 cup date sugar
2 tablespoons arrowroot, combined with 2 tablespoons cold water
1 pint strawberries, stemmed and coarsely chopped
1 cup almond flour
1⁄4 cup maple crystals
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
In 1- gallon pot, over low flame, combine rhubarb with water. Whisk in date sugar and arrowroot slurry. Simmer until rhubarb begins to soften. Add strawberries and mix to incorporate.
- Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine almond flour, maple crystals, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add melted coconut oil to mixture and, using wooden spoon, mix to combine.
- Distribute crumble topping over fruit mixture. Bake in oven until browned, about 20 minutes.