Recipe by Lauren Zito @eatprettynyc
Ingredients for burger and slaw:
1 1/2 lb wild salmon
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 tablespoons anchovy juice or fish sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
Lemon zest from half a lemon
4 tablespoons dill, torn into small pieces
4 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 cup sprouts
2 cups napa cabbage, sliced thin
Juice of 1 large lemon
Juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp champagne vinegar
1 tsp coconut sugar
6 Brioche buns
4 tbsp melted ghee
1 ripe avocado
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup filtered water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chlorella (optional)
Salt to taste
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Finely chop the fish and place in a bowl. Cover and keep in fridge until finished prepping the remaining ingredients.
- In a bowl mix greek yogurt, anchovy juice, garlic, ginger, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons dill, two tablespoons mint, a big pinch of kosher salt and some black pepper. Mix gently with the chopped salmon until just combined and then fold in 1 cup of panko. Gently form into 6 patties. Cover and place in fridge for flavors to meld; at least half hour.
- Make the cabbage slaw. Combine lemon juice, lime juice, champagne vinegar and a pinch of coconut sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Mix the sprouts, cabbage, remaining dill and mint, and toss with dressing. Set aside.
- To make the green ketchup, mix all listed ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside. Alternatively you can combine in a bowl using a whisk.
- After salmon burgers have rested, use remaining panko to coat outside of burgers.
- Heat a skillet using a medium-high flame. Add enough oil to lightly cover the the pan. Add burgers and cook until medium rare , about 3-4 min on each side.
- Split buns down the center and brush with melted ghee. Using a dry pan over low heat, toast buns until golden.
- Serve burgers topped with green ketchup and cabbage slaw.