2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for pan
8 ounces thick sliced bacon, cut into 3- to 4-inch lengths
1/2 small head Savoy cabbage (about 3/4 pound), cored and thinly sliced
1 pound pizza dough
8 ounces smoked mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Adjust an oven rack to the highest shelf position. Very lightly coat a rimmed baking or half sheet pan (18″ X 13″) with olive oil and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon, in batches if necessary, turning once until golden, about 7 to 9 minutes total (if the bacon is undercooked the pizza will get greasy as it bakes in the oven). Remove bacon with tongs and set aside on paper towels to drain.
3. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat and return pan to medium heat (or add enough olive oil to make a total 3 tablespoons fat/oil in the pan). Once hot, add cabbage and 2 large pinches salt to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is soft and beginning to turn golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove cabbage from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, stretch pizza dough to fit inside prepared half sheet pan. Drizzle dough with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, using your hands to spread the oil across the dough. Sprinkle with salt. Top pizza with cabbage, then bacon, then cover with cheese, tearing into smaller pieces if desired. Sprinkle pizza with black pepper.
5. Place sheet pan on top rack of the oven and bake until the crust is golden and cheese is well melted, about 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.