Seasonal Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Created by: @Virtual_Vegan
Yield: 6-8 veggie burgers
2 cups cubed butternut squash (1 1/4 cup mashed)
1 russet potato (1 cup mashed)
1 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
3-4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped Cremini mushrooms
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 cup cabbage (shredded)
1/4 cup radicchio (shredded)
1 rib celery
2 tbs Lemon juice
1 tbs Dijon
1 tbs water
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut your squash, potato, and sweet potato into even cubes and then cook in the water until soft (about 15 minutes).
- When they are done cooking, strain out the water and mash them into a smooth consistency, then using a cheese cloth, squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast into the mixture
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, form burgers and place them on your baking sheet and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes
- While these are cooking, thinly slice your cabbage, radicchio and celery for the slaw and then set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon, water and lemon juice then massage that into the slaw and chill in the refrigerator
- Lightly toast your burger buns then place any favorite toppings on your sandwich along with the burger and slaw and enjoy!