One of the things I love about summer squash is that it's so versatile. You can saute it and add it to pasta, make bread with it, or make a fritter out of it. I chose the fritter method this week and added lots of parmesan and lemon zest, topped it with ricotta and made a snap pea slaw with mint and lemon that I now want to put on everything!
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 cup snap peas, cut lengthwise
1 half of a lemon
1 tablespoon mint
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Grate zucchini. Squeeze out as much water as you can. In a bowl combine zucchini, parmesan, lemon zest, flour, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a skillet with a high-heat oil like avocado or rice bran oil. Test a tiny bit of the fritter mixture on the skillet. Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
3. When the seasoning is just right, form the fritter mixture into patties and add to the skillet. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, add peas, lemon, mint, and salt to a separate bowl. Add more salt if needed.
5. Top your fritters with a dab of ricotta and the snap pea slaw. Enjoy!