Carrot Halwa Parfait Cups
2 teaspoons ghee
- 3 tablespoons chopped or halved raw cashews
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
2 1/2 cups or more grated or shredded carrots
1/4 cup almond meal or coarsely ground almonds
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup ground raw sugar
1 tablespoon vegan butter or safflower oil
Generous pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder or saffron strands
- 1/2 cup of cashew yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cashews and cook until lightly golden, 2 minutes. Add raisins and pistachios and cook until the raisins puff up, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add almond meal and almond milk and mix well. Reduce heat to low-medium. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, vegan butter, salt, and cardamom. Mix in. Cook for another 20 to 30 minutes or until all the almond milk has almost been absorbed. Depends on the moisture in the carrots and the stove. Stir occasionally.
- Taste and adjust sweet. Continue to cook for another few minutes or until roasted to desired consistency and color. Serve chilled and topped with cashew yogurt and chopped pistachios.