Veggie and Tofu Quinoa Bowl
I Call it: “something for everyone”. I love a hearty bowl. Lots of different options. Doesn’t matter if you’re a vegan, vegetarian, carnivore, or anything on the spectrum… This quinoa bowl has hearty veggies, tofu protein, and mixed spices. Whatever your pallet is, there’s something in this bowl for you. So many of the ingredients can be steamed to bring out their natural flavor and the simple sauce brings it all together. This is a great option for entertaining on a weeknight or for making a big batch to eat for the week….
What you’ll need:
- Field Greens
- Coconut Oil
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper
What you’ll do:
- Coarsely chop kale, carrots, zucchini, (and any other veggies you may have)
- In a large pot of water, steam beets until fork tender. Once ready, peel and leave on side to cool.
- In same pot of water (once beets have been removed) - add chopped veggies and let cook.
- In a large skillet add enough coconut oil to coat. Add finely chopped garlic, onion, and ginger. Let cook until translucent. Add toasted sesame oil and soy sauce and let come to a slight boil. Lower temp and add in tofu. Let tofu crisp, flipping every few minutes.
- For last 2 minutes add steamed veggies and greens, give a few quick tosses to marry flavors.
Assemble bowl by starting with a base of cooked quinoa. Add layer of veggies and tofu, shaved turnip, and chunks of beets. Garnish with sesame seeds and a light drizzle of sesame oil. enjoy!