Recipe by Local Roots recipe champ Chef Yadira Garcia @happyhealthylatina
This Crunchy, bright, charred salad screams summer. The addition of a Za'atar spice blend takes it over the top to make an easy but memorable addition to any meal.
2 Cucumbers, thinly sliced (carpaccio style)
1 Grilled Corn, take the kernels off the cob
2 Tomatoes, Sliced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
2 Tbsp Za'atar
Dressing For Corn:
1 Shallot, diced
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tbsp vegan butter
Sea Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Wash and prepare all vegetables: Corn, Tomato, Cucumber
2. Prepare dressings for corn, mix together and set aside so that the flavors marinate.
3. Take your thinly sliced cucumber (use a mandolin or chefs knife) arrange them in a circle, layer tomato, then corn around the tomato.
4. Drizzle olive oil over prepared dish, Za'atar, any additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Delicious, farm-fresh harvests are closer than you think.